From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ruby 22
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 06:00:30
1 On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 08:26:49 -0600, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2
3 > I don't believe that will be enough. You should update RUBY_TARGETS in
4 > /etc/portage/make.conf if you have it set. If you don't have it set and
5 > are still getting this error, that's a bug and should be filed on b.g.o.
6 > I have a custom RUBY_TARGETS as I do some ruby development, so I don't
7 > have a vanilla system to test this on.
8
9 I initially forgot to update the default RUBY_TARGETS specified in the
10 profiles, so this may have caused some issues. That is fixed now.
11
12 > You shouldn't have to 'eselect ruby' either - portage will do this for
13 > you while updating.
14
15 The automatic eselect will only happen when ruby 2.1 is uninstalled. On a
16 default system ruby 2.2 should already be installed for some time
17 alongside with ruby 2.1. My recommendation is to switch explicitly to
18 ruby 2.2 now (using eselect), and remove ruby 2.1 once all dependencies
19 have been updated.
20
21 Hans