From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: For net-print/hplip users
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:50:04
1 On 02/11/2011 06:47 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > walt schrieb am 12.02.2011 00:15:
3 >> I've just spent an annoying two days trying to un-break my HP
4 >> multifunction printer/fax/scanner, and I hope I can spare some of
5 >> you the same trouble.
6 >>
7 >> My symptoms were that I couldn't send a fax using hp-sendfax, which
8 >> has been working very well for years -- until now.
9 >>
10 >> After much floundering I finally tried deleting my existing cups
11 >> printers and allowing hp-setup to create new ones. All better now
12 >> :)
13 >>
14 >> There may be more than one way to delete cups printers, I dunno, but
15 >> I used the cups http interface by typing 'http://localhost:631' in my
16 >> firefox URL bar (cupsd must be running for this to work).
17 >
18 > From the hplip ebuild:
19 >
20 > elog "You should run hp-setup as root if you are installing hplip for
21 > the first time,"
22 > elog "and may also need to run it if you are upgrading from an earlier
23 > version."
24
25 Yes, I saw that, and I *did* re-run hp-setup. But I didn't delete the
26 existing cups printers, thinking it wouldn't be necessary. But it was :/