From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For net-print/hplip users
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 02:49:19
1 walt schrieb am 12.02.2011 00:15:
2 > I've just spent an annoying two days trying to un-break my HP
3 > multifunction printer/fax/scanner, and I hope I can spare some of
4 > you the same trouble.
5 >
6 > My symptoms were that I couldn't send a fax using hp-sendfax, which
7 > has been working very well for years -- until now.
8 >
9 > After much floundering I finally tried deleting my existing cups
10 > printers and allowing hp-setup to create new ones. All better now
11 > :)
12 >
13 > There may be more than one way to delete cups printers, I dunno, but
14 > I used the cups http interface by typing 'http://localhost:631' in my
15 > firefox URL bar (cupsd must be running for this to work).
16
17 From the hplip ebuild:
18
19 elog "You should run hp-setup as root if you are installing hplip for
20 the first time,"
21 elog "and may also need to run it if you are upgrading from an earlier
22 version."
25 This message is there for a reason!
28 Daniel Pielmeier