From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Playing Audio and DVD cds!!!
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:04:11
1 Hello All,
2
3 IS there any one that can help me get my audio cds and dvds to work,
4 i have tryed so much I don't know wht I have done and I would put all
5 here but I don't, I am geting the:
6
7 Couldn't display "cdda:///dev/hda".
8
9 /etc/init.d/ivman start
10 * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
11 * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
12 * Please run:
13
14 * # /sbin/depscan.sh
15
16 * to try and fix this.
17 * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
18 * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
19 * Please run:
20
21 * # /sbin/depscan.sh
22
23 * to try and fix this.
24 * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
25 * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
26 * Please run:
27
28 * # /sbin/depscan.sh
29
30 * to try and fix this.
31 * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
32 * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
33 * Please run:
34
35 * # /sbin/depscan.sh
36
37 * to try and fix this.
38 * Starting Automounter ... [ ok ]
39
40 I have emerged:
41 ivman
42 I added to rc-update and get the above error also
43
44 my cd is being detected after I do a mount of:
45 mount /dev/hda /dev/dvd
46
47 I am able to see the metadata of the cd under cd player but am unable to play it
48
49 PLEASE help I have been playing with this for hours!
50
51 Sincerely,
52 Christopher
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list