From: David Sveningsson <eXt@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Audio and DVD cds!!!
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:27:24
1 Hello, I use VLC for this without any touble. You shouldn't mount the
2 audio-cds or dvd, and and as far as I know you shouldn't write cdda://
3 when playing, the application should figure out that itself.
4
5 Christopher E wrote:
6 > Hello All,
7 >
8 > IS there any one that can help me get my audio cds and dvds to work, i
9 > have tryed so much I don't know wht I have done and I would put all
10 > here but I don't, I am geting the:
11 >
12 > Couldn't display "cdda:///dev/hda".
13 >
14 > /etc/init.d/ivman start
15 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
16 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
17 > * Please run:
18 >
19 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
20 >
21 > * to try and fix this.
22 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
23 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
24 > * Please run:
25 >
26 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
27 >
28 > * to try and fix this.
29 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
30 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
31 > * Please run:
32 >
33 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
34 >
35 > * to try and fix this.
36 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
37 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
38 > * Please run:
39 >
40 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
41 >
42 > * to try and fix this.
43 > * Starting Automounter
44 > ... [ ok ]
45 >
46 > I have emerged:
47 > ivman
48 > I added to rc-update and get the above error also
49 >
50 > my cd is being detected after I do a mount of:
51 > mount /dev/hda /dev/dvd
52 >
53 > I am able to see the metadata of the cd under cd player but am unable
54 > to play it
55 >
56 > PLEASE help I have been playing with this for hours!
57 >
58 > Sincerely,
59 > Christopher
66 *//David Sveningsson [eXt]*
68 Freelance Coder | Game Developer Student
69 [ http://sidvind.com ] [ http://nitroxy.com ]