From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Audio and DVD cds!!!
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:58:36
1 Hello David,
2
3 I have emerged this VLC and I can not get it to run, I have it under
4 the sound and video menu and have clicked it and even restarted the
5 system to see if that would help
6
7 Sincerely,
8 Christopher
9
10 On 5/5/06, David Sveningsson <eXt@×××××××.com> wrote:
11 > Hello, I use VLC for this without any touble. You shouldn't mount the
12 > audio-cds or dvd, and and as far as I know you shouldn't write cdda:// when
13 > playing, the application should figure out that itself.
16 > Christopher E wrote:
17 > Hello All,
18 >
19 > IS there any one that can help me get my audio cds and dvds to work, i have
20 > tryed so much I don't know wht I have done and I would put all
21 > here but I don't, I am geting the:
22 >
23 > Couldn't display "cdda:///dev/hda".
24 >
25 > /etc/init.d/ivman start
26 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
27 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
28 > * Please run:
29 >
30 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
31 >
32 > * to try and fix this.
33 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
34 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
35 > * Please run:
36 >
37 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
38 >
39 > * to try and fix this.
40 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
41 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
42 > * Please run:
43 >
44 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
45 >
46 > * to try and fix this.
47 > * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
48 > * Could not get dependency info for "ivman"!
49 > * Please run:
50 >
51 > * # /sbin/depscan.sh
52 >
53 > * to try and fix this.
54 > * Starting Automounter ...
55 > [ ok ]
56 >
57 > I have emerged:
58 > ivman
59 > I added to rc-update and get the above error also
60 >
61 > my cd is being detected after I do a mount of:
62 > mount /dev/hda /dev/dvd
63 >
64 > I am able to see the metadata of the cd under cd player but am unable to
65 > play it
66 >
67 > PLEASE help I have been playing with this for hours!
68 >
69 > Sincerely,
70 > Christopher
74 > --
79 > //David Sveningsson [eXt]
81 > Freelance Coder | Game Developer Student
82 > [ http://sidvind.com ] [ http://nitroxy.com ]
86 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list