From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new genkernel problem
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 22:46:52
1 On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:48:30 -0400, Jack wrote:
2
3 > I used to do all my kernel configuration and setup manually on my old
4 > box (with legacy grub). When I upgraded to my new PC with a Ryzen 5
5 > 2600 and started using lvm, I ended up needing an initramfs, and
6 > managed to get genkernel working for me, without TOO much of an
7 > effort. Right now, it's run genkernel, and when I'm happy, run
8 > grub-mkconfig, and it works. If I ever go to a manually crafted
9 > grub.cfg, I might consider a different way of creating my intramfs, but
10 > I'd rather not introduce yet another moving part if I don't really need
11 > to.
12
13 dracut uses an initramfs naming convention recognised by grub-mkconfig.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Use Colgate toothpaste or end up with teeth like a Ferengi.