From: Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware guest os timer extremely slow
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:14:02
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > The problem is probably because VMWare uses the processor TSC counter
3 > for timing, the rate of which varies with the processor frequency.
4 >
5 > The following works for me on a pentium-m 2.13ghz system:
6 >
7 > 1. Add "processor.max_cstate=1" to your kernel boot options.
8 > 2. If you are running cpufreqd, stop it with "/etc/init.d/cpufreqd stop"
9 > 3. Do "echo performance >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor"
10 > 4. Run VMWare.
11 [...]
12
13 I add the processor.max_cstate=1 to the boot options and add the rule
14 entry in /etc/cpufreqd.conf according to your post, and it works! Thank
15 you very much!
18 Qiangning Hong
19 http://www.hn.org/hongqn (RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hongqn)
20