From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple A/V recording software to grab Internet seminar?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:57:48
1 On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I administer my dad's Gentoo machine from a distance. He's going to
4 > take some sort of seminar over the net and asked me if there was a way
5 > for him to record it - both audio and video. I don't know how the
6 > seminar will be given, but my dad's in his 80's, isn't Gentoo
7 > knowledgeable and if this is going to work what ever the software is
8 > would have to be pretty easy to use.
9 >
10 > Anyone have any ideas about how to record everything on his screen
11 > along with any audio?
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Mark
18 Install xvidcap for him and see if he'll be able to use it. WIth
19 xvidcap, it should not matter what format the lecture he'll be
20 listening to is in.