From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple A/V recording software to grab Internet seminar?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:10:04
1 On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>   I administer my dad's Gentoo machine from a distance. He's going to
5 >> take some sort of seminar over the net and asked me if there was a way
6 >> for him to record it - both audio and video. I don't know how the
7 >> seminar will be given, but my dad's in his 80's, isn't Gentoo
8 >> knowledgeable and if this is going to work what ever the software is
9 >> would have to be pretty easy to use.
10 >>
11 >>   Anyone have any ideas about how to record everything on his screen
12 >> along with any audio?
13 >>
14 >> Thanks,
15 >> Mark
19 > Install xvidcap for him and see if he'll be able to use it. WIth
20 > xvidcap, it should not matter what format the lecture he'll be
21 > listening to is in.
24 Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.
25
26 - Mark