From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems booting my server - ext2 - e2fsck
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:44:31
1 On Monday 26 July 2010 16:13:19 Mick wrote:
2 > On 26 July 2010 15:11, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
3 wrote:
4 > > So udev is wrong in saying CONFIG_IDE should not be set - on that
5 > > old P4 box it has to be to get ICH4 drivers.
6 >
7 > Hmm, did you try ATA_PIIX, or PATA_MPIIX, or PATA_SCH?
8
9 I've just tried it again now, to make sure, and the answer's "yes". I
10 set all of those, and I tried adding PATA_OLDPIIX to see if it helped.
11 It didn't, and neither did the others, so I'll have to go back to
12 CONFIG_IDE.
13
14 > Also, make sure you enable BLK_DEV_SR, for some reason I could get a
15 > box to boot without it. The box in question is an ancient PIII
16 > Coppermine!
17
18 Hmm. Not surprisingly, that didn't help either.
19
20 Thanks anyway.
23 Rgds
24 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.