From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dovecot config
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 11:07:05
1 Hi Wol,
2
3 my credentials for dovecot have the following syntax, i.e. four additional
4 colons after the password:
6 I use only virtual users, so I can't tell if mixing works, too.
7
8 For the dovecot setup I can recommend this guide:
9 https://prefetch.eu/blog/2020/email-server/#mda-dovecot
10
11 Two general remarks:
12 1st, be more patient. This is a mailing list, not a support chat.
13 2nd, I _strongly_ recommend to use some kind of hashing instead of plain
14 passwords. I use '{ARGON2ID}' and generate the hashes by running
15 'doveadm pw -s ARGON2I'
16 which asks for the plain text password on stdin.
17
18 Kind regards,
19 Nils