From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] GMail calling has an echo in Linux, but not Windows
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:39:03
1 > Another option is to use a small USB sound device. My headphones came
2 > with one, for example. They can be really nice for reducing electrical
3 > noise in the capture channel, too.
4 >
5 > They also occasionally crop up where you might not expect them. I
6 > picked up an HP 'travel' USB hub some time back, and was surprised to
7 > discover it had a built-in NIC, mic input and stereo out.
8
9 Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but those usually have built in echo
10 cancellation. Most usb speaker/mic combos do. I believe I'm relying on
11 software in my case.