From: Lex Luthor <person9013@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing Firefox "Pocket" (Built-In Adware)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:14:29
1 Have you considered IceCat, R0bot01? It is free from adware.
2
3 On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net> wrote:
4
5 > On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 02:30:52 +0000
6 > R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >> I would like to know if there is any recourse. I have disabled it, but
10 >> it is still present in the menus. It looks like it generates a unique
11 >> advertising ID, which I have cleared in "about:config."
14 > Hi,
15 >
16 > since I felt losing and wasting lifetime hunting for a suitable solution
17 > to configure those ‘features’, I switched to the aggressive route. This
18 > means, all things in ‘/usr/lib/firefox/browser/features/’, I cannot find
19 > easily a satisfiable explanation for, will be renamed.
20 >
21 > In your case it seems to be the extension ‘firefox@×××××××××××××.xpi’.
24 > --
25 > Regards,