From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing Firefox "Pocket" (Built-In Adware)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 03:05:49
1 On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 02:30:52 +0000
2 R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >I would like to know if there is any recourse. I have disabled it, but
5 >it is still present in the menus. It looks like it generates a unique
6 >advertising ID, which I have cleared in "about:config."
7
8 Hi,
9
10 since I felt losing and wasting lifetime hunting for a suitable solution
11 to configure those ‘features’, I switched to the aggressive route. This
12 means, all things in ‘/usr/lib/firefox/browser/features/’, I cannot find
13 easily a satisfiable explanation for, will be renamed.
14
15 In your case it seems to be the extension ‘firefox@×××××××××××××.xpi’.
19 Regards,
20 floyd