From: Gabriel Rossetti <mailing_lists@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get Alsa (mic) to work with my Intel HDA board
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:46:05
1 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
3 >
4 >> I used to have more inputs/outputs to play with in
5 >> alsamixer, but now all I have are Master, PCM, CD, Mic, Mic Boos,
6 >> IEC958, and IEC958P. I used to have for instance Front Mic,
9 > You might need to pass a different model option during modprobe.
10 >
11 > First check with 'aplay -l' to see precisely what chip you have,
12 > then put that number into the search box (lower left) on
13 > https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view_all_bug_page.php
14 >
15 > You might need to advance again to unstable for the alsa packages,
16 > as hda-intel is seeing many changes.
19 >> Lenove/IBM Thinkpad T60p,
22 > Hmm... You had alsa working on this laptop two or three years ago?
23 >
24 > Benno
25 >
26 Ok, I checked the bugs, I'm not really sure they help me much, but I did
27 use the alsa-driver instead of the in-kernel stuff. I have my front mic
28 (internal) sort-of working, it isn't called that, it's mixed with the
29 external mic. Sound now comes out of both, but no apps seam to be able
30 to use it. I noticed with gnome's sound recorder that it won't keep my
31 input choice, it always sets it to something else, when wanting to see
32 to what is was set right now, gnome recorder gave me this error msg when
33 I ran it :
34
35 Your audio capture settings are invalid. Please correct them in the
36 Multimedia settings.
37
38 This was due to my .asoundrc, copied from the howto on the gentoo-wiki,
39 once removed gnome record works again, when I try to record it always
40 want's tu use digital. I did notice something, I had the gnome volume
41 control open also and when I recorded it toggles the audio capture from
42 "Capture", if I untoggle it while I'm recording, it works, the mic's
43 input is recorded. I tried playing with it, muting one, then the other,
44 toggleing one, then the other, the only way I get anything to record is
45 to use the digital as the recording source, and toggle capture once it's
46 started to record.
47
48 Gabriel
49 --