From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:25:08
1 On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:44:25AM -0300, Penguin Lover Claudio Roberto França Pereira squawked:
2 > Anyway, does anyone with a similar setup had any problems with atheros
3 > nics? And how did you solve it?
4
5 Does your problem happen with WEP or WPA networks?
6
7 There is a known bug introduced in the 3.2 kernels that breaks ath9k
8 for WEP networks (though WPA and WPA2 are not effected). The patch I
9 thought had been merged into the 3.3 series, though I am not sure when
10 (which minor version) it went in.
11
12 (I have been putting off a kernel upgrade because of this.)
13
14 W
15 --
16 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
17 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton