From: "Claudio Roberto França Pereira" <spideybr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:46:52
1 Hi guys. I'm having problems with my wireless nic, on a notebook. The
2 card is an ath9k 802.11n wireless adapter. The driver is loaded,
3 wpa_supplicant and wicd get to recognize them, I can see the
4 association working correctly, but I can't get the card to
5 authenticate, it ALWAYS times out. I tried looking at the kernel
6 documentation for the ath9k driver, but without success. I'll look for
7 it using the work internet.
8
9 Anyway, does anyone with a similar setup had any problems with atheros
10 nics? And how did you solve it?
11
12 Thinking further, I had to enable wireless extensions (wext) to make
13 wicd handle ath9k. Should I disable it and stick to wpa_supplicant?
14 Also, I'm using a non-modular kernel, compiling everything in it.
15 Yesterday I left the notebook making a new modular kernel, with sound
16 and wireless drivers modular. I'm almost going all the way to
17 genkernel. Any clues?
18
19 I'm running ~amd64, kernel 3.3.0. 3.1.X worked somewhat ok, but I
20 can't shake the feeling that under Windows this laptop of mine would
21 work flawlessly. I'm not whining, just wanna find a comparable
22 configuration, and solve my usability issues.
23
24 Thanks
27 Claudio Roberto França Pereira