From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gitlab experiences
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:35:23
1 On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Ralf
2 <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > I recommend to deploy gitlab inside a Debian LXC/Docker container as
4 > Gitlab guys provide and maintain precompiled .deb packages. You do not
5 > want to compile it on your own as it comes with a load of dependencies.
6 > And once dependencies change you really might run into trouble with
7 > gentoo. Gitlab isn't just a tiny one-click-and-it-runs webservice, it's
8 > a whole ecosystem.
9
10 This is part of why I'd suggest not upgrading it in-place. Just
11 create a new container from scratch every time there is an update. Of
12 course, Gentoo makes this somewhat more painful than other distros; it
13 tends to be designed around upgrading in-place.
16 Rich