From: Stefan Istvan <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo levlist <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hpasm doesn't work
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:07:51
1 2006-01-18, sze keltezéssel 15:20-kor Stroller ezt írta:
2 > On 18 Jan 2006, at 14:00, Stefan Istvan wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Has anyone tried to use the hpasm package on a HP Proliant server?
5 >
6 > Yes, it's horrible.
7 >
8 > > It seems to me that this package is originally made for RedHat, and
9 > > that's why it doesn't run well under Gentoo.
10 >
11 > It seems that way to me, too.
12 >
13 > It's been some time since I tried this, but there are two different
14 > versions of `hpasm` depending on which kernel you use. See the forums
15 > thread about that. I was more or less successful under 2.6 emerging
16 > app-arch/rpm & then using that to install the RPM from Compaq's site
17 > than I was trying to emerge the version in Portage.
18 Thanks for the answer.
19 I will try the rpm version also, but first I have to migrate from 2.4 to
20 2.6 kernel.
21
22 Bye,
23 Istvan