From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hpasm doesn't work
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:35:38
1 On 18 Jan 2006, at 14:00, Stefan Istvan wrote:
2 >
3 > Has anyone tried to use the hpasm package on a HP Proliant server?
4
5 Yes, it's horrible.
6
7 > It seems to me that this package is originally made for RedHat, and
8 > that's why it doesn't run well under Gentoo.
9
10 It seems that way to me, too.
11
12 It's been some time since I tried this, but there are two different
13 versions of `hpasm` depending on which kernel you use. See the forums
14 thread about that. I was more or less successful under 2.6 emerging
15 app-arch/rpm & then using that to install the RPM from Compaq's site
16 than I was trying to emerge the version in Portage.
17
18 Stroller.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list