From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 20:14:10
1 On 01/19/2018 12:48 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Yep, and it looks like the Postfix equivalent is a custom pipe transport.
3 > Once you know what phrases to google for, it's a lot easier.
4
5 *nod*
6
7 I figured that you would be able to find something.
8
9 Hence why I mentioned the terms. ;-)
10
11 > I could live with queueing/retrying as long as the eventual failures
12 > generated messages that are sent back to the sender. Those failure
13 > messages would need to be sent via a normal SMTP smarthost/relayhost
14 > (with AUTH) and not via the custom mailer.
15
16 I would expect that it is possible to fulfill those requirements.
17
18 > Yes, I've been thinking about that. I think I'll try that first --
19 > if my understanding of the failure mode is correct, it should work.
20
21 The simpler solution is usually nicer.
22
23 > I wrote the server I'm using now, but it uses somebody else's snmpd
24 > module, and that's where the SSL breakage is. I've filed a bug, and I've
25 > been doing some reading toward attempting a fix, but it looks like it
26 > might be a bit hairy: it involves Python's asyncore/asynchat framework
27 > (and process pools). What's missing is handling for ssl "want read"
28 > and "want write" exceptions.
29
30 "snmpd" or "smtpd"?
31
32 You lost me at Python. (I know it's a personal prejudice. But I think
33 I'm allowed to have it as long as I acknowledge them as such.)
38 Grant. . . .
39 unix || die

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature