From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GBP character in KDE
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:03:11
1 On Mar 9, 2014, at 18:26, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 09 Mar 2014 14:48:45 Stroller wrote:
4 >> On Sat, 8 March 2014, at 3:50 pm, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> ...
6 >>> This is what /etc/env.d/02locale contains:
7 >>>
8 >>> LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
9 >>> LC_COLLATE="C"
10 >>
11 >> Why have you set LC_COLLATE differently from LANG, please?
12 >
13 > Because I am used to have files listed with . prefixed files first, then file
14 > names with Capital case and then lower case. Otherwise if you have LC_ALL set
15 > then that setting will be followed for sorting files. If neither LC_ALL nor
16 > LC_COLLATE are set, then LANG will take precedence. Please note that I use
17 > different languages on a couple of machines and that can mess things up when
18 > listing stuff.
21 Mick. Did you try this?
22
23 sudo Xorg :0 -ac -terminate & (sleep 4 && DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm)
24
25 Is the problem also in a bare X session?
26
27 > --
28 > Regards,
29 > Mick