From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-misc/asterisk-1.8.28.2
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 06:12:13
1 On Fri, 03 Feb 18:34:22 -0700
2 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >I have an old version of asterisk-1.8.28.2 (it is no longer in portage).
4 >I want to keep this version, temporarily (till I have a chance to test a
5 >new one 11.25.1-ver.
6
7 If you have the asterisk-ebuild (and all related files) still available,
8 you could try to migrate it to a local overlay [1][2]. Otherwise, tell
9 Portage you are handle this package yourself by adding it to:
10 /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
11
12 This file can be used to hold a specific version — even the package is
13 no longer in tree. But notice, this isn’t the whole truth as mentioned
14 in [3]. Portage will not update listed packages unless another package
15 requires a newer version of it.
16
17 Give it a try and invoke:
18 emerge --pretend --verbose net-misc/asterisk
19 to ensure if it’ll work as expected.
20
21 References:
22   [1] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/CustomTree#Defining_a_custom_repository>