From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 14:55:51
1 On Monday, 20 July 2020 12:33:50 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > I use Postfix for SMTP, Dovecot for IMAP and getmail to fetch mail from a
4 > POP3 account (other mail is delivered directory to Postfix).
5
6 That's what I want to use, except for fetchmail instead of getmail.
7
8 I'm taking the suggestions in this thread (thanks), and following the simple
9 mail server guide [1]. I've made precisely two changes in main.cf: soft_bounce
10 = yes, mynetworks_style = host. Everything else is left at its default.
11
12 Postfix starts okay, but when I 'telnet localhost 25' I get this in the log:
13
14 fatal: in parameter smtpd_relay_restrictions or smtpd_recipient_restrictions,
15 specify at least one working instance of: reject_unauth_destination,
16 defer_unauth_destination, reject, defer, defer_if_permit or
17 check_relay_domains
18
19 Which of those restrictions do I specify, and where, and why aren't they set
20 by default?
21
22 > I also use procmail for filtering - although if you already have this set
23 > up in KMail, that should suffice - and dspam for spam filtering.
24
25 Yes, KMail is fine for this, with spamassassin.
26
27 1. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Postfix
30 Regards,
31 Peter.