From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:39:28
1 On 20/07/2020 15:55, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > fatal: in parameter smtpd_relay_restrictions or smtpd_recipient_restrictions,
3 > specify at least one working instance of: reject_unauth_destination,
4 > defer_unauth_destination, reject, defer, defer_if_permit or
5 > check_relay_domains
6 >
7 > Which of those restrictions do I specify, and where, and why aren't they set
8 > by default?
9
10 I'm guessing that's because it needs to know what to do with an email ...
11
12 The language is odd, but I suspect it's saying "do I relay this message
13 and if so how, or do I deliver and and if so how do I know where and to
14 who?"
15
16 None of these can be known by default...
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol