From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:10:44
1 Hi Enrico,
2
3 > I also want to say "Thank you" to the gentoo devs.
4
5 Yes, thanks for a very very great job... I was installed gentoo a few months
6 ago and I don't want anything else...
7
8 > Thank you for producing lots of circular dependencies
9 > (ie. in the Xserver), which make maintenance complicated.
10
11 are you about this?, if your answer is yes, please feel free to post your
12 errors...
13
14 > Cirular deps have been really sucking in SuSE and were one
15 > of the major for dropping it to me.
16
17 SuSE != Gentoo? did you understand that?, SuSE is not bad at all but have a
18 lot of things wrong...
19
20 > Great, great thanks to the devs for forcing me to maintain my
21 > own overlay to clean up the crap. (anyone who's interested in
22 > it, please give a note).
23
24 Believe me, it's a VERY good thing you have your own overlay, actually if
25 you think what all of this great work is "crap" and you have the tools or
26 knowledge to clean, feel free to help, be a constructive critic, not
27 destructive..it's very important more people to clean, to be a better
28 gentoo.
29
30 Please don't be sarcastic it's not necessary, the community don't need
31 troubles. Actually, I think you must to be gracefully to have this good,
32 wonderfully and excellent community... All people do this work because they
33 want, no pay for that, no money between their work and their intentions, all
34 work is free as in freedom. Please remember when you want more, give more,
35 when you need more please give more not sarcastic. It's very important, now
36 you are talking to many people in the list so much of thems are very very
37 good professionals and enthusiasts and activists of free software
38 specifically of gentoo.
39
40 Please be more corteuos and give the respect when you refer to this
41 community, remember a good rules... feel free (totally) to do all your
42 questions, ask whatever you want the gentoo community is there for help
43 people disinterestedly...live free, feel free, be free, give freedom..
44
45 that's what i think, Thanks in advance.
46