From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:33:05
1 Hi folks,
4 I also want to say "Thank you" to the gentoo devs.
5
6 Thank you for producing lots of circular dependencies
7 (ie. in the Xserver), which make maintenance complicated.
8
9 Cirular deps have been really sucking in SuSE and were one
10 of the major for dropping it to me.
11
12 Great, great thanks to the devs for forcing me to maintain my
13 own overlay to clean up the crap. (anyone who's interested in
14 it, please give a note).
17 cu
18 --
20 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
22 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
23 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
24 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
25 http://patches.metux.de/
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list