From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:52:07
1 On Wednesday 16 May 2007 10:23:13 am Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I also want to say "Thank you" to the gentoo devs.
6 >
7 > Thank you for producing lots of circular dependencies
8 > (ie. in the Xserver), which make maintenance complicated.
11 ?
12
13 I haven't seen one... in years...
14
15 > Cirular deps have been really sucking in SuSE and were one
16 > of the major for dropping it to me.
17 >
18 > Great, great thanks to the devs for forcing me to maintain my
19 > own overlay to clean up the crap. (anyone who's interested in
20 > it, please give a note).
23 I think maybe you should look your gentoo over again... you've done something
24 really STUPID.
32 Jerry McBride
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list