From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi database errors
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:06:20
1 On Thursday, November 12, 2015 07:30:49 AM Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 12 Nov 2015 04:48:49 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On 11 November 2015 23:07:41 CET, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > >On Wednesday 11 Nov 2015 20:28:07 Marc Joliet wrote:
5 > > >> On Wednesday 11 November 2015 20:37:24 J. Roeleveld wrote:
6 > > >> >I saw plenty of errors with mysql.
7 > > >> >
8 > > >> >After switching to Postgresql, they seem to have disappeared.
9 > > >>
10 > > >> FWIW, I use mariadb myself, which is also the virtual/mysql default
11 > > >> provider, last I checked.
12 > > >>
13 > > >> Greetings
14 > > >
15 > > >@Mark: Yes, same here, but the errors are produced by mariadb too.
16 > > >
17 > > >@Joost: Is postgresql starting as a process by akonadi, or are you
18 > > >running it
19 > > >independently and pointing akonadi to it?
20 > > >
21 > > >PS. I read somewhere that if mysql is running independently of akonadi,
22 > > >then
23 > > >the akonadi errors/corruptions are fewer, or not happen at all.
24 > >
25 > > As I use Postgresql also for other stuff, it's started seperately.
26 > >
27 > > I also found this performs better, having it run "embedded" only had a
28 > > slightly better performance when compared to mysql (or mariadb, don't
29 > > remember) "embedded".
30 > >
31 > > A framework like akonadi should, IMO, also be able to be run on a server
32 > > with clients connecting to there to allow different machines to all use
33 > > the same data.
34 > >
35 > > The current solution makes running with a shared home and logged in from
36 > > different clients simultaneously problematic (to say the least)
37 > >
38 > > --
39 > > Joost
40 >
41 > Can you please explain how you have akonadi configured to use an existing db
42 > instance? Did you have to set up an akonadi db user and passwd?
43
44 Yes.
45 You need to create a user with password on the database where akonadi can
46 create the tables.
47
48 Here is my akonadi-config:
49 ***
50 % cat .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
51 [%General]
52 Driver=QPSQL
53
54 [QPSQL]
55 Name=joost-akonadi
56 Host=localhost
57 Options=
58 ServerPath=/usr/bin/pg_ctl
59 InitDbPath=/usr/bin/initdb
60 StartServer=false
61 User=<username>
62 Password=<password>
63 Port=5432
64
65 [Debug]
66 Tracer=null
67
68 ***
69
70 It also works with the database running on a different machine.
73 Joost