From: Jessica Rasku <jrasku@××××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help me choose a sound recorder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:20:41
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2
3 > 2 better be able to auto-start and auto-stop. E.g. when people are
4 > talking on the phone, start a track and save a speex file; when people
5 > stop talking (silence), stop recording and be ready to start recording
6 > the next track. Better one tracker per file;
7
8 > Any suggestions? Looks audacity is a good option, last year I used it a
9 > while, but I think it is not perfect (for lack of requirement 2), but
10 > don't know its current status.
11
12 I would recomend audacity as a start. I know it doesn't do auto-star
13 auto-stop. I'm not sure you'll find that. You can setup a old
14 fashioned line tap to do just that, but it sounds like you'd rather
15 record digitally. My sugestion is that if you can find a setting in
16 audacity that can record your work day, you can then export multi and
17 get one file per conversation.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list