From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] help me choose a sound recorder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:14:41
1 Hello. I am looking forward to use a sound recorder to record my
2 telephone calls. These telephone calls are business phone calls that
3 used for business purpose and all phone calls on my line should be recorded.
4
5 I am looking forward to have a sound recorder that is:
6 1 record sound and save as speex format;
7 2 better be able to auto-start and auto-stop. E.g. when people are
8 talking on the phone, start a track and save a speex file; when people
9 stop talking (silence), stop recording and be ready to start recording
10 the next track. Better one tracker per file;
11 3 we don't need gui, but I don't mind if it's console app or gui app;
12 4 I am using alsa in the kernel, if supporting alsa makes sense I perfer
13 to have alsa recorders;
14 5 better allow scripting and meta info for saved sound tracks. But it's
15 fine if it doesn't do so;
16 6 better also available in SuSE so I can run the same software at home
17 or in my office;
18 7 I only need to record one line and not a full-power PBX software.
19
20 Any suggestions? Looks audacity is a good option, last year I used it a
21 while, but I think it is not perfect (for lack of requirement 2), but
22 don't know its current status.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list