From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How about ieee 1394 was:USB TV / Video capture devices
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:16:22
1 On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 09:40 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:22:00 -0700
3 > Joseph wrote:
4 >
5 > > Are there any USB type TV / Video capture devices that works with Linux?
6 > >
7 > > --
8 > > #Joseph
9 >
10 > >From the mythtv docs:
11 >
12 > "USB Capture Devices.
13 >
14 > The Plextor ConvertX PVR devices are supported through Linux drivers
15 > available from http://www.plextor.com/english/support/LinuxSDK.htm.
16 > MythTV uses the Plextor to capture hardware encoded MPEG-4, so the host
17 > CPU requirements are low."
18
19 That would do it with a bit of tweaking.
20 All I want is to connect my Video Microscope (that has standard RCA
21 Rack) to TV IN Card to see a live picture and be able to capture a
22 frame.
23 I have a ieee-1394 card and "Kino" application supports ieee-1394.
24 I have as well Analog to Digital S-VHS converter.
25
26 But is it possible to have a cable from S-VHS to FireWire 4 or 6pin; to
27 connect it to ieee-1394 card?
30 #Joseph
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list