From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How about ieee 1394 was:USB TV / Video capture devices
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:46:49
1 On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:10:14 -0700
2 Joseph wrote:
3
4 > I have a ieee-1394 card and "Kino" application supports ieee-1394.
5 > I have as well Analog to Digital S-VHS converter.
6 >
7 > But is it possible to have a cable from S-VHS to FireWire 4 or 6pin; to
8 > connect it to ieee-1394 card?
9
10 I am unclear what you mean here. what is a "Analog to Digital S-VHS
11 converter." I suspect it has RCA analog video in, but what comes out? is
12 it DV (like a DV camera format)?
13
14 If so I suspect you will ned up with a DV format file on your computer,
15 not sure if you can see that "live" but it might in kino.
16
17 emerge kino and try it.
20 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list