From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How about ieee 1394 was:USB TV / Video capture devices
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:57:19
1 On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 14:40 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > I am unclear what you mean here. what is a "Analog to Digital S-VHS
3 > converter." I suspect it has RCA analog video in, but what comes out?
4 > is
5 > it DV (like a DV camera format)?
6 >
7 > If so I suspect you will ned up with a DV format file on your
8 > computer,
9 > not sure if you can see that "live" but it might in kino.
10 >
11 > emerge kino and try it.
12
13 The Converter has an Analog IN input (RCA-type A/V jack) and output is
14 S-VHS Video Out / Coaxial S/PDIF out / Toslink out
15 So I'm not sure I'll be able to take advantage of it, I think I need RCA
16 to DV converter (with FireWire port)
19 #Joseph
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list