From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] public mail server for ELOG?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:00:33
1 On Wednesday 28 October 2009 19:35:00 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 28.10.2009 17:47, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
3 > > Is your mail server really configured that local root mail needs a
4 > > password?
5 >
6 > I don't have a local mail server on my desktop maschine. Sure, I could
7 > install some kind of relay to my non-local mailserver but then I need to
8 > store username and password in the config file of that relay.
9
10 You don't need a mailserver. Drop a text file formatted as mail in the admin
11 users maildir, and point the mail client at it as just another source of mail.
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com