From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Activities
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:31:02
1 On Monday, December 29, 2014 07:46:20 AM Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 12/29/2014 12:57 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > >>> How did you remove the icon? I haven't found a way yet.
4 > >>
5 > >> I did it by the following (I think, anyway):
6 > >>
7 > >> 1. Open the Panel toolbox. (Click the cashew-looking thing to the right
8 > >> of the clock)
9 > >
10 > > That thing's so discreet I'd hardly noticed it.
11 > >
12 > >> 2. mouse over the three circles
13 > >> 3. Click Close (the 'X')
14 > >> 4. Close the Panel toolbox.
15 > >
16 > > Excellent! Well done that man! Thank you Dan
17 >
18 > No problem!
19 >
20 > I remember clicking on that Activities thing by accident and going
21 > "WTF?" and it did something strange to my desktop. It took me about 10
22 > minutes to figure out how to close it, in the process I closed the
23 > kicker panel itself and really went "Oh shit!" until I figured out how
24 > to restore it (I didn't reboot, I found another way but it escapes me now.)
25 >
26 > Shortly after that frustrating experience I found that cashew thing.
27 >
28 > Dan
29
30 To complete this:
31
32 Another annoying thing: Accidentally removing or moving parts on the bottom-
33 bar around.
34
35 To avoid that: Right-click on an empty part, then:
36 Panel Options -> Lock Widgets
39 Joost