From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How should I clean up my broken system?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:35:46
1 On Sunday 14 February 2010 11:32:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:03:40 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > > On a more serious note, conf-update automatically merges trivial
4 > > > changes, so any configs you ran at the default, which is probably
5 > > > the majority, won't be flaged at all.
6 > >
7 > > so does cfg-update....
8 >
9 > Every now and then, someone mentions cfg-update - usually you :) -
10 > and I give it another try, but I don't really get on with it and
11 > always go back to conf-update. There's nothing specific wrong with
12 > it, I just prefer (or am used to) conf-update.
13 >
14 > I expect that if I were still using etc-update or dispatch-conf I
15 > would welcome it with open arms though.
16
17 I'm still using etc-update, which seems adequate except when squid is
18 upgraded, but I thought I'd try cfg-update. Problem though: it demands
19 dev-util/xxdiff which doesn't exist. What's a suitable substitute?
22 Rgds
23 Peter.