From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How should I clean up my broken system?
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:32:52
1 On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:03:40 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > > On a more serious note, conf-update automatically merges trivial
4 > > changes, so any configs you ran at the default, which is probably the
5 > > majority, won't be flaged at all.
6 >
7 > so does cfg-update....
8
9 Every now and then, someone mentions cfg-update - usually you :) - and I
10 give it another try, but I don't really get on with it and always go back
11 to conf-update. There's nothing specific wrong with it, I just prefer (or
12 am used to) conf-update.
13
14 I expect that if I were still using etc-update or dispatch-conf I would
15 welcome it with open arms though.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 The modem is the message.