From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:40:56
1 Scroll to the bottom OK. LOL
2
3 Qian Qiao wrote:
4
5 >On 10/30/05, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>On 10/30/05, Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >>You can post how you like. Please dont change your ways on my accord.
13 >I was replying Dale's message, :)
17 >>Um did you not read my previous message? Obviously not, mate... I
18 >>agree with you on the HTML, gmail enabled it by default. I disabled it
19 >>after you pointed it out, so thank you.
23 >I did, and as said before, I was replying Dale's message.
27 >>Quite honestly top, middle or bottom posting all seems indifferent to
28 >>me. Correct me if I am wrong here but I thought the information was
29 >>the important part of the message not whether it is located at the top
30 >>or at the bottom? Hmmm guess I was wrong, I now be more considerate
31 >>and concern myself with the layout of my messages rather then helping
32 >>people.
33 >>
34 >>In the interests of keeping you happy and god forbid all other people
35 >>who are more concerned with layout happy I will cease my evil ways of
36 >>top posting.
40 >You see, you've just shown an example of the problem top posting
41 >could've caused, you weren't even aware that I was replying Dale's
42 >message.
43 >
44 >Let me put things this way:
45 >1. Starting a flame wasn't what was intended, I was merely trying to
46 >tell you that it is considered by most people, not just me, that HTML
47 >and top-posting should be avoided.
48 >2. I do help people if I can, whether they top-post and HTML or not.
49 >3. The information is important, so don't let how it's presentated ruin it.
50 >
51 >As I've said earlier, many people still use command line for their
52 >emails, when you ask for help or propose a wonderful idea through a
53 >HTML message, it just make us feel isolated, :P, simply because our
54 >client can't parse HTML.
55 >
56 >Furthermore, HTML messages could cause security issuses.
57 >
58 >Personally, i think it is natural, for others who want to know a
59 >thread is about to starting from the OP, then go down to see the
60 >replies, isn't it? And top-posting will force them to start from the
61 >bottom. Eeew, bottom, :P
62 >
63 >I don't know where you get the idea that being considerate in a list
64 >will stop you from helping people or getting helps. :) It does just
65 >the opposite.
66 >
67 >-- Joe
68 >
69 >--
70 >There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
71 >Those who can count, and those who can't.
72 >
73 >Money can't buy everything.
74 >Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
80 It was there but I get so much mail that it is hard to keep up with,
81 plus I'm doing several other things too. I'm not just talking about
82 spam either. I'm on about 20 forums, several lists etc etc etc. Add in
83 that my Mozilla is doing some strange stuff with the order in my box.
84 I'm not sure what is going on. Sometimes I get mail that is old
85 compared to what I already have. Maybe it's my ISP's mailserver or
86 something. < shrugs >
87
88 You have a point but I'm not the only one that top posts. Like I said
89 earlier we need one way that everybody has to use so everybody knows
90 what to expect. Imagine getting in a car and having the brake and gas
91 pedal switched. I can get used to either way myself.
92
93 We are NOT flaming. I find it funny in a way. Others may flame, I'm
94 not. I state my views and carry on. My girlfriend likes that too. She
95 knows she can tell me anything and I'm OK as long as she is not hurt or
96 threatened, then someone else has a problem, about 160 lbs of kick butt
97 I might add. I'm super protective when it comes to her. She only
98 weighs about 95 lbs. O_O She's eats good though. Her daughter is
99 slender too.
100
101 Hope you don't think I'm mad. I'm to busy laughing. LOL Hope you
102 aren't either.
103
104 Dale