From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:59:09
1 On 10/30/05, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/30/05, Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > You can post how you like. Please dont change your ways on my accord.
4
5 I was replying Dale's message, :)
6
7 > Um did you not read my previous message? Obviously not, mate... I
8 > agree with you on the HTML, gmail enabled it by default. I disabled it
9 > after you pointed it out, so thank you.
10
11 I did, and as said before, I was replying Dale's message.
12
13 > Quite honestly top, middle or bottom posting all seems indifferent to
14 > me. Correct me if I am wrong here but I thought the information was
15 > the important part of the message not whether it is located at the top
16 > or at the bottom? Hmmm guess I was wrong, I now be more considerate
17 > and concern myself with the layout of my messages rather then helping
18 > people.
19 >
20 > In the interests of keeping you happy and god forbid all other people
21 > who are more concerned with layout happy I will cease my evil ways of
22 > top posting.
23
24 You see, you've just shown an example of the problem top posting
25 could've caused, you weren't even aware that I was replying Dale's
26 message.
27
28 Let me put things this way:
29 1. Starting a flame wasn't what was intended, I was merely trying to
30 tell you that it is considered by most people, not just me, that HTML
31 and top-posting should be avoided.
32 2. I do help people if I can, whether they top-post and HTML or not.
33 3. The information is important, so don't let how it's presentated ruin it.
34
35 As I've said earlier, many people still use command line for their
36 emails, when you ask for help or propose a wonderful idea through a
37 HTML message, it just make us feel isolated, :P, simply because our
38 client can't parse HTML.
39
40 Furthermore, HTML messages could cause security issuses.
41
42 Personally, i think it is natural, for others who want to know a
43 thread is about to starting from the OP, then go down to see the
44 replies, isn't it? And top-posting will force them to start from the
45 bottom. Eeew, bottom, :P
46
47 I don't know where you get the idea that being considerate in a list
48 will stop you from helping people or getting helps. :) It does just
49 the opposite.
50
51 -- Joe
54 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
55 Those who can count, and those who can't.
56
57 Money can't buy everything.
58 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
61 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list