From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:32:04
1 On 10/30/05, Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Ok, i top post, just for you, :)
3
4 You can post how you like. Please dont change your ways on my accord.
7 > Imagine someone who wasn't following the thread need to do to pick up this
8 > thread:
9 > 1. Scroll all the way to the bottom, read Ted's message.
10 > 2. Scroll a bit upwards, to read you message
11 > 3. Then scroll all the way to the top, to read mine.
12 >
13 > I can hardly say it is *logical* to read a thread backwards. Another
14 > example: try to name one forum/BBS system that displays the newest reply on
15 > the top when viewing a thread.
16 >
17 > BTW, how did you like my HTML? I bet you enjoyed it.
18
19 Um did you not read my previous message? Obviously not, mate... I
20 agree with you on the HTML, gmail enabled it by default. I disabled it
21 after you pointed it out, so thank you.
24 > You just don't understand that most people dislike top-posting and HTML
25 > messages for a reason. You've got every right to use whatever you wish in
26 > your personal mails, but this is a public list, try to be considerate mate.
27
28 Quite honestly top, middle or bottom posting all seems indifferent to
29 me. Correct me if I am wrong here but I thought the information was
30 the important part of the message not whether it is located at the top
31 or at the bottom? Hmmm guess I was wrong, I now be more considerate
32 and concern myself with the layout of my messages rather then helping
33 people.
34
35 In the interests of keeping you happy and god forbid all other people
36 who are more concerned with layout happy I will cease my evil ways of
37 top posting.
38
39 Rav
42 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
43 stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for
44 free". - Linus Torvalds, 1995
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list