From: Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 install: bootstrap failed
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:27:43
1 On 7/19/06, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I just used the amd64(experimential) livecd to attempt an installation.
4 > Here's where it failed:
5 > Exception received during 'Performing bootstrap: Stage 1ERror: FATAL: stage1:
6 > Boostrapping failed!
7 > Should I have chosen another option other than the stage1 tarball?
8
9 The gentoo developers currently reccommend that you install gentoo
10 from a stage 3 tarball. It does install faster, and is much less
11 likely to have problems like bootstrap failure.
12
13 I'm not sure, but the gentoo installer is likely only tested properly
14 when installing from a stage3 tarball.
17 Calvin Walton
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list