From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa problem
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:07:04
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:59:28 -0400 "Walter Dnes"
4 <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
5
6 > After this sequence, my ALSA sound finally started working again. I
7 > don't know what happened. A wild guess is that "make" was trying to
8 > "be efficient" and kept some code from a previous version, that
9 > doesn't work with the current version.
10
11 Pretty unlikely, make doesn't do these things. I'm more thinking of
12 stale modules lingerin' around, but we will never know.
13
14 In this thread's case, however, I had the impression that sound on this
15 machine never worked at all?
16
17 -hwh
18 --