From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Virtualization where to go from VMWare-Server-1?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:06:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I am currently running a guest with VMware-Server-1. However the modules
4 needed for that on the host are no longer supported and I am stuck with 2.6.31
5 for the moment.
6 So I am thinking of alternatives. My requirements:
7
8 It should only need as much RAM on the host as needed (so XEN with static
9 assignment is out)
10
11 It should run headless (I don't want a window on the desktop but be able
12 get console access when needed).
13
14 VMWare import/compatibility would be nice but is not a must have.
15
16 I use VirtualBox on a Mac but can it run headless? Any other proposals?
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Konstantin
21 --
22 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
23 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
25 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres