From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New To Gentoo and Emerge, No ACPI in Kernel
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:06:55
1 SOLVED!!!
2
3 I did as you suggested.
4
5 localhost ~ # cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
6 default 0
7 timeout 7
8 splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
9 title Current Kernel
10 root (hd0,0)
11 kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3
12 title Old Kernel
13 root (hd0,0)
14 kernel /vmlinuz.old root=/dev/hda3
15 title Failsafe
16 root (hd0,0)
17 kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.15-gentoo-r5 root=/dev/ram0
18 init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/hda3
19 initrd /initramfs-genkernel-x86-2.6.15-gentoo-r5
20
21 is now what I use. Later I hope to reinsert my Live CD and get the
22 pretty stuff off of it to beautify my Gentoo.
23
24 ACPI now works perfectly. There was a small glitch in which I
25 discovered that my newly built kernel did *not* have my networking
26 card installed, so I had to recompile with that enabled but after this
27 it was no sweat.
28
29 Thanks for your help - I would have gotten as far as Kubuntu if you
30 hadn't helped me (as in I would be back with Kubuntu).
31
32 However, even before beautification I have to figure out how to mount
33 my USB memory stick (/dev/sda1), however, that's for another thread.
34
35 Thanks for your help - I hope to be able to make it up to you all someday : )
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list