From: Gian Domeni Calgeer <gidoca@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanner not working for user
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:57:02
1 Hi
2
3 Normally, you have to be in the scanner group. You should try gpasswd -a
4 <user> scanner and then logout and login.
5
6 Gian
7
8 Am Samstag, 8. Juli 2006 13:16 schrieb Paul Stear:
9 > Hi all,
10 > I have just tried to use my scanner for the first time in months and it is
11 > not recognized. However, if I run xscanimage as root it all works well. I
12 > have read the man pages and my setup seems to be correct scanimage -L find
13 > the scanner as root but not as a user.
14 > My conclusion is that I have a permmissions problem, but I can't find out
15 > where or how to change them.
16 > Can anybody help please?
17 > I have device epson:libusb:003:005
18 > vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0808
19 >
20 > Paul
21 > --
22 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list