From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanner not working for user
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:59:10
1 On Saturday 08 July 2006 14:45, Gian Domeni Calgeer wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > Normally, you have to be in the scanner group. You should try gpasswd -a
5 > <user> scanner and then logout and login.
6 >
7 > Gian
8 >
9 > Am Samstag, 8. Juli 2006 13:16 schrieb Paul Stear:
10 > > Hi all,
11 > > I have just tried to use my scanner for the first time in months and it
12 > > is not recognized. However, if I run xscanimage as root it all works
13 > > well. I have read the man pages and my setup seems to be correct
14 > > scanimage -L find the scanner as root but not as a user.
15 > > My conclusion is that I have a permmissions problem, but I can't find out
16 > > where or how to change them.
17 > > Can anybody help please?
18 > > I have device epson:libusb:003:005
19 > > vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0808
20
21 the user is in group scanner, any other ideas?
22 Paul
23 --
24 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list