From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: btrfs and gcc 4.9
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 22:18:22
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
2
3 > Does this help in any way?
4
5 Yes very much so. I use gmane to read and post,
6 So I have to write more than I quote.... and trim
7 the replied verbiage down.
8
9 > Did you create your pool already?
10
11 No. Following the gentoo wiki:
12
13 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Btrfs_native_system_root
14
15 It seems that comes after what I have done.
16
17 > There are lots of things to say here, please let us know where we can
18 > help, learn and share
19
20 Yes. It's going to take me some time to test all you have written.
21
22 I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible (the old boot root swap
23 type of approach for btrfs is all I'm after for now. (simple).
24
25 I have several system to experiment on, so once I get it figured out,
26 I'll try a more agressive set up. For now it's everything under
27 /root/ with subvolumes created under /root partition ?
30 /usr/local/ is the only thing I do special. The /home dir
31 is just me. So I'm trying to keep this simple and get
32 it working on 3 old boxes..
33
34 Then I'm going to put CEPH (a distributed file system)
35 across all three on them to run a simple Apache-mesos cluster.
36
37 https://github.com/trozamon/overlay/tree/master/sys-cluster
38
39 It's just a learning/experimenting testbed for for a (3)
40 node cluster, for now.
41
42 So give me a day or 2 to digest and test what you have posted.
43
44 > Stefan
47 thanks, very much,
48 James