From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash script: make a convenient /mnt/gentoo tree for a new install or development
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 20:14:43
1 On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 13:17:10 -0500,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > The Gentoo Handbook provides detailed instructions for preparing a
6 > > /mnt/gentoo
7 > > file system tree for new installations. After having to dig through the
8 > > Handbook a
9 > > few times of doing new or re-installs of Gentoo using an existing Gentoo
10 > > install
11 > > as the base system, I wrote this script as a shortcut way to handle the
12 > > process
13 > > of doing the mounting of /mnt/gentoo either the first time or again after a
14 > > re-boot.
15 >
16 > IMO it would be a lot easier if we just had an install CD that
17 > included nspawn. :) For whatever reason there seems to be a lack of
18 > systemd-based rescue CDs out there. While I'm placing orders I'd like
19 > ZFS on Linux support on it as well. :)
20
21 That would be nice, I have made one, but its customized a bit, but
22 using catalyst it did work.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici